Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Workout attire

As the body goes through changes as does my wardrobe. Ironman weight and pregnancy weight seem to distribute things very differently...duh!  My biggest issue is finding bottoms that don't put too much pressure on the abdomen. It's uncomfortable and she seems to kick a little more because it's putting pressure on her already cramped space. But my abdomen has been the most sensitive to pressure since the very beginning.  It now makes sense because that's where the little peanut has situated herself very comfortably.

I refuse to buy new bike shorts since they cost a fortune in the first place, so I've been figuring out which pairs feel the best. My most favorite pair are my Coeur Trishorts (http://www.coeursports.com/collections/triathlon/products/sea-glass-triathlon-shorts).  Not only is the chamois super comfortable, but the waist band doesn't put any added pressure and seems to keep feeling great as the baby bump gets more pronounced.  Also, the band isn't too low that I don't feel like I'm sticking out and covers the belly nicely (not maternity style, but just right)  Thanks to a teammate (Amy Farrell) who is on the Coeur Team I was able to get the shorts at a very reasonable price when I was in Kona.  I never wore them before being pregnant, but I can assume they feel just as great during Ironman weight.  Kebby (the owner) seems to really understand women and always has a smile!

My other favorite shorts are the Zoot Performance Trishort (http://zootsports.com/womens/apparel/w-performance-tri-4-short-s14).  The waistband and legs feel fantastic. Sometimes the chamois seems hurt a little with my growing hips, but overall very comfortable.  The waist band seems to roll down slightly as my bump gets bigger, not sure how much I like that.  I wore these through Ironman training, and they were one of my favorites, not a surprise I still like them a lot.

The worst shorts from the very beginning have been the Betty Designs Trishorts (http://www.bettydesigns.com/collections/triathlon-1/products/garden-party-womens-tri-short)...these aren't the exact shorts I have, mine are the HPT custom design, but similar style.  The waistband digs in and doesn't give myself or the baby any room to breathe!  I didn't like them much at Ironman weight, always lots of chaffing. I was shocked at how uncomfortable they were in the first 6 weeks!

I have an older pair of Pearl Izumi shorts that were fine for the first 4.5 months, but the waistband is too low and just doesn't feel right anymore!

I write this as I'm getting an easy ride on the trainer :)
(Not wearing bike shorts for tonight's 30min ride...ouch!)

No comments:

Post a Comment