Search This Blog

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Racing and Mother's Day

We did our first race a few weeks ago, and then another for Mother's Day.  Going into a race with the mindset that you can't go fast and that it really is just another training run, makes race day much less stressful!  Each time I started in the middle of the pack, and enjoyed the relaxed pace and people around me.

Our first race was the Rye Derby 5 mile, on a beautiful, sunny morning!  We were the 7th Female, 2nd Female 30-39, with a time of 40:29.

Since that first race was so much fun running with people around, I wanted to celebrate my first unofficial Mother's Day with a Mother's Day 5K.  It was hot and humid, I'm glad it was only a 5K.  I was 9th overall and 1st Female 30-34.  A great start to the first of many Mother's Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment