Search This Blog

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Training During 5th Month

Energy levels are way up, the weather is getting a little bit nicer and it seems I'm in better shape.

In the last 2 weeks (weeks 19.5-21.5), my heart rate during workouts seems to stay below 150bpm much easier, my running pace has dropped about 30 seconds per mile and she has started moving around (such a cool feeling).

Saw the doctor for the Anatomy Scan at week 20 to make sure all organs and limbs were developing properly, and everything is right on target!  She's also super flexible. She was showing off with her feet over her head. And yes, it's "probably a girl".  I don't think doctors like to give a definite diagnosis on anything in fear of being sued!  My weight has also been increasing appropriately. I've gained about 21 pounds since the Ironman.

With the baby's measurements on target, my steady weight gain, and her jabbing at me when I'm sitting around being lazy are all signs to me that the training I'm doing is just right!

I'm averaging 2 bike rides per week (on the trainer of course), 3-4 days of running totaling 18-22miles (my long run is 8.5 miles, I'm hoping to work to 10 miles), 2-3 days of swimming 3000yds/session, and lifting 1.5hrs/week (I'm going to try to work that up to 2.5hrs/week, I want to stay strong).  All for about 9-11hrs/week of "training".

Almost a bump!
Can still see my feet (week 21).

No comments:

Post a Comment