Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Spectating can be just as fun as racing

I've always enjoyed spectating, but it's a little different when you are spectating because you can't race. Well, I guess I could run the race, but I haven't quiet built up to a full 13.1 miles yet. I'm not sure if I can or should.  I love being behind the camera and cheering on my HPT teammates, but I missed being part of the race. I thought I was not going to pay any entry fees this year and just enjoy keeping up my fitness for when the baby arrives, but I have an itch to jump in with the crowd.

Spectating is great, but there is so much down time between seeing them start and seeing them finish. So, since I'm a running addict (and so are a few of my friends), I did an 8 mile run during the race. Noga, Kristen, Matt (other teammates not racing) and I watched the race pass 1 mile, and trailed behind the pack for 4 miles up through the hills of Sleepy Hollow. We had many laughs as the race officials stopped traffic for us to cross streets, as the photographers took our "race photos" and as racers commented on how we made it look so easy!  Oops!!!  Didn't anyone notice we didn't have any race bibs on?


We got to see our teammates on a loop of the course and we even made it back to the finish in time to see all but one of our teammates cross the finish line. Back behind the camera catching teammates coming up their last hill, looking at the finish line, and capturing that look of determination and accomplishment made spectating fun!

Now I think I want to run a 10K race. The atmosphere and the people make it more fun than just training. Time to start looking. Time to get this baby to "run" it's first race!

No comments:

Post a Comment